Employees are provided with 2 Floating Holidays per calendar year. The entitlement for new hires is prorated, as follows.
- Hired before July 1 – two (2) days; up to 16 hours
- Hired after July 1 – one (1) day; up to 8 hours
- Hired after October 1 – no days offered for the holiday year
Floating Holidays must be taken one 1 day, (8 hour) increments.
Floating Holidays do not rollover from year to year, nor will you be compensated for any unused Floating Holidays upon your termination.
Scheduling Floating Holidays
- Discuss your Floating Holidays, in advance, with your manager. Requests will be reviewed based on a number of factors including business needs and staffing requirements.
- After manager approval, enter your Floating Holidays in Workday [VMware network access required].
Please note: This information is an overview of Floating Holiday time. Refer to the Canada Time Away From Work policy [VMware network access required] for detailed information.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 4 Jan 2023, 5:42 AM