Loss of a Loved One
Losing a loved one can be overwhelming. Here’s a checklist of the benefit changes you might want to consider and some other resources to help you through the process.
- Add, remove, or update yourself and eligible dependents on the medical, dental, and life insurance plans through MyLife [VMware network access required].
- File a life insurance claim.
- Update your beneficiaries through MyLife [VMware network access required].
Updating Personal Information
- To update your preferred name, emergency contact and/or home address, log into Workday [VMware network access required].
- For more information and detailed instructions, please visit the Workday page [VMware network access required] on VMware Source.
- If you need to update your marital status and/or your legal name, you will need to contact HR Source [VMware network access required].
Planning time away from work to grieve after the loss of a loved one is an important consideration. Be sure to review Bereavement Leave for eligibility requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available at no charge to you and helps you be at your best, physically and emotionally. The EAP confidentially provides you and your family members, with objective, third-party support and advice for navigating life’s challenges.