You may enroll or change your benefits with VMware, based on the following:
- New hire, newly eligible or rehire
- Qualified life event
New hires, newly eligible employees, rehires, and employees experiencing a qualified life event have 30 days from their hire date or event to enroll or make changes.
If you are a regular full-time employee, you are eligible to enroll in VMware benefit plans. Eligibility begins as of your hire date or the date your status changes. VMware offers benefits coverage for you and your dependents:
- Your spouse, legal or common-law.
- A common-law spouse is a person who has been living with you in a conjugal relationship for at least 12 months.
- Your unmarried children under age 21, or under age 25, if they are full-time students.
- Children under age 21 are not covered if they are working more than 30 hours a week, unless they are full-time students.
- Children who are incapable of supporting themselves because of physical or mental disorder are covered without age limit if the disorder begins before they turn 21, or while they are students under 25, and the disorder has been continuous since that time.
You may waive health and dental coverage if you are already covered for these benefits under your spouse’s plan.
You must be actively at work when coverage takes effect, otherwise the coverage will not be effective until you return to work. Temporary, part-time and seasonal employees are not eligible for coverage.
Changing Coverage Mid-Year
A qualified life event allows you to make changes to your medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account(s) and/or life insurance. A qualified life event may include:
- Marriage or newly eligible domestic partner 
- Divorce, legal separation or dissolution of domestic partnership 
- Birth or adoption of a child(ren) 
- Death of your spouse/domestic partner, child(ren) or child(ren) of your domestic partner 
- A dependent becoming eligible or ineligible for coverage
- Your spouse losing coverage at his/her job
If you experience a qualified life event, you have 30 days from the date of the event to report it.
Enroll or update your benefits online via MyLife  [VMware network access required].