Short and Long Term Disability
VMware offers Short and Long Term Disability Insurance to full-time, regular employees as of your hire date.
Short Term Disability Benefits
- Weekly Benefit: 75% of weekly benefit salary with a maximum weekly benefit up to $3,000
- Benefit Payments:
- If you are absent from work due to an illness or sickness, you are eligible for short term disability benefits after an absence of five (5) consecutive working days
- If you are absent from work due to an injury or hospitalization, you are eligible for short term disability benefits immediately
- Benefit Payment Duration: Seventeen (17) weeks
- Premiums will be covered by VMware
Applying for Short Term Disability
- Complete the Short Term Disability Claim form, send the Physical Statement to your doctor for completion.
- Sent both to RBC per the instructions on the form.
- Send an email to Canada Benefits, with the expected dates of the leave. This email will start the VMware process of completing the employer portion of the claim form, and will update Workday with the dates of the leave.
When Coverage Ends
Your coverage terminates when your employment ends, you are no longer eligible, or you retire, whichever is earliest.
Long Term Disability Benefits
You must be actively at work when coverage takes effect, otherwise the coverage will not be effective until you return to work.
You will be responsible for LTD Premium payment. LTD Benefits are non-taxable.
|1||All permanent full-time employees with a base salary of $140,000 or more annually||Basic monthly benefit is 66.67% of the first $2,250 of pretax monthly earnings plus 50% of any portion of pretax monthly earnings in excess of $2,250 less the sum of $5,000 and 100% of direct deductible sources of income to a max of $10,000; plus $5,000 of professional monthly benefit|
|2||All permanent full-time employees with a base salary more than $120,000 and less than $140,000 annually||Basic monthly benefit is 66.67% of the first $2,250 of pretax monthly earnings plus 50% of any portion of pretax monthly earnings in excess of $2,250 less the sum of $3,000 and 100% of direct deductible sources of income to a max of $10,000; plus $3,000 of professional monthly benefit.|
|3||All other permanent full-time employees||Basic monthly benefit is 66.67% of the first $2,250 of pretax monthly earnings plus 50% of the next $17,000 of pretax monthly earnings less 100% of direct deductible sources of income to a maximum of $10,000|
Termination of Coverage
Your coverage under the policy or a plan ends on the earliest of:
- The date the policy or a plan is cancelled;
- The date you no longer are in an eligible group;
- The date your eligible group is no longer covered;
- The last day of the period for which you made any required contributions;
- The last day you are actively employed except as provided under approved leave of absence provisions; or
- Your 65th birthday.
In the event your employment is terminated by VMware, and VMware has not provided you with written notification of your termination, coverage will be extended for the period of notice as required by federal or provincial employment standards legislation. In no event will your coverage extend beyond the date this policy terminates.
If you work and reside in Quebec, your coverage will terminate automatically and without notice as soon as anything happens which otherwise would cause RBC Insurance to violate the Revised Statutes of Quebec, Chapter A-29.01, as amended.