VMware offers comprehensive medical coverage through Canada Life.
You and your eligible dependents are able to participate in the plan as of your hire date. You must be actively at work when coverage takes effect, otherwise the coverage will not be effective until you return to work. You may enroll in your benefits online via MyLife [VMware network access required]. Increases in your benefits while you are covered by this plan will not become effective unless you are actively at work.
You must be a resident of Canada. Temporary, part-time and seasonal employees may not join the plan.
- Hospitalization Benefits
- Ambulance transportation
- Semi-private room and board in a hospital in Canada
- Convalescent care
- International Business Travel Health
- Maximum insured sum of USD $300,000 per person per trip
- Paramedical Services
- C$750 per practitioner (chiropractor, massage therapist)
- C$500 per practitioner (osteopath, naturopathic doctor, podiatrist, physiotherapist, speech therapist, registered dietitian, ergo-therapist, acupuncturist, Christian Science practitioner)
- Mental Health Services
- C$2000 Annual (Psychologist, Social Worker or Psychotherapist)
- Prescription Drugs
- C$7 dispensing fee maximum for prescription drugs in Canada
- Eye examinations: C$150 every 24 consecutive months.
- Eye wear/contacts/laser eye surgery:C$250 every 24 months
- Welcome Plan
- C$1,000,000 lifetime maximum per person
VMware pays 100% of your medical premiums for both you and your eligible dependents.
The following dependents are eligible under this plan:
- Your spouse, legal or common-law. A common-law spouse is a person who has been living with you in a conjugal relationship for at least 12 months.
- Your unmarried children under age 21, or under age 25, if they are full-time students. Children under age 21 are not covered if they are working more than 30 hours a week, unless they are full-time students.
- Children who are incapable of supporting themselves because of physical or mental disorder are covered without age limit if the disorder begins before they turn 21, or while they are students under 25, and the disorder has been continuous since that time.
For more details, review the Canada Life Booklet.
MyLife [VMware network access required]
Benefits How To’s
How to Register for Canada Life’s Member Portal (video):
– Policy Number: 172689
– Member Number : VMware employee ID # with a V in front
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 7 Feb 2022, 6:31 PM