New Hire Benefits
Welcome to VMware Canada! If you are a regular full-time employee, you are eligible to enroll in Canadian VMware benefit plans.
Familiarize yourself will the benefits, retirement plans and resources. You have 30 days from your date of hire to enroll in your insured benefits Health, Dental and Disability. Your MyLife enrolment process will identify the enrolment tasks that are required to be completed before your elections can be effective.
Healthcare & Dental Care
Medical, Dental & Life Insurance
- The details of your Health, Dental and Life plans can be found in the Canada Life Benefit Booklet. This is a great resource prior to gaining access to your Canada Life online profile GroupNet or by using the GroupNet mobile app.
- Make sure to complete your benefit selections using the MyLife Benefits Portal. The submission of your elections is key to ensuring that your benefit plans are set up correctly.
How To Access Your Benefits Card?
While you are covered from your date of hire, you will have access to your digital Canada Life benefits card after registering for on-line access with GroupNet, Canada Life’s member portal.
Allow at least 1 – 2 weeks from the time you submit your benefit elections, before trying to register for GroupNet access. You can find the policy number and member ID format on the Contacts page.
- Basic Life and AD&D: Automatically enrolled and paid for by VMware. 2 times base salary (on target earnings for commissioned employees) with $800,000 maximum coverage.
- Dependent Spouse & Child Life Insurance: Automatically covered paid for by VMware, when your dependent information is provided during enrolment. $5,000 for Spouse and $2,500 for children.
- Optional Employee & Spousal Life Insurance: Request up to $500,000. This optional coverage is available in units of $10,000 subject to Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
- Optional Child Life Insurance: Purchase up $20,000 in units of $5,000..
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) and Disability
- AD&D and Disability Booklets by Class
- Review the criteria to determine the coverage details that are applicable to
- An application is required for disability coverage over $120,000. You will be sent the application by Net Worth Benefit Administrators within a 2 weeks of your benefit selections.
To begin Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) contributions, Manulife Financial will send you a direct email within your first week of employment outlining key elements of the program and providing you a link to enrol in the plan. Its important that your personal information (address , SIN and contact information) is correct in Workday to ensure a smooth process for Manulife to confirm eligibility and contact you regarding your plan set up.
- The online enrolment link will walk you through setting up your account, reviewing your investor style, selecting your funds, selecting your contribution percentage, and appointing a beneficiary.
- You will also be provided with a customer number which will be used to access your on-line account.
- Make sure to also enrol in the Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP), to ensure that the contributions for your company match can be allocated accordingly.
If you have questions about the Manulife on-line enrolment or registration process, contact them directly at : 1-888-727-7766 / email@example.com
Take a Break Days, VMware is committed to providing employees with the opportunity to a day break when needed and allows days for just that.
- Business Travel Programs– VMware covers you with travel assistance, business travel accident and medical abroad insurances at no cost to you.
- Discount Program– Access to our online marketplace of perks and discounts.
- ICAS: Coaching, Therapy, And Work Life Servicesis available at no charge to you and helps you be at your best, physically and emotionally.
- WellBeing Allowance– Living a healthy and balanced life is a part of the VMware culture. We want you to be your best and achieve wellbeing; the state of being comfortable, healthy, and happy.
- Rethink Benefits– A research-based program that provides support to parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities at no cost to you.
Below are additional programs that are managed at Corporate level:
- Employee Referral Program[VMware network access required] – Eligible employees who submit a referral, that meets policy guidelines and is hired, can earn a $2,000 bonus.
- Travel & Expense[VMware network access required] – Learn more about booking your business travel, applying for a corporate card and submitting expenses.
- International Payroll- Canada[VMware network access required] – Your source of information for pay statements, the payroll calendar, payroll forms and recording time off.
- VMware Foundation[VMware network access required] – Join VMware as a force for good in our global community, from Service Learning to Matching Gifts and many other ways to give.
Make the best of your benefits! Enroll via MyLife [VMware network access required] within your first 30 days. Review the MyLife Global User Guide [VMware network access required] for step-by-step instructions.
Benefits How To’s
How to Register for Canada Life’s Member Portal (video):
– Policy Number: 172689
– Member Number : VMware employee ID # with a V in front
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 14 Nov 2022, 5:22 PM