VMware encourages a healthy working environment. When you aren’t feeling and it’s impacting your ability to work, Sick Leave, in accordance with statutory requirements, provides you with paid time off to rest and recuperate from an illness or injury.
You are entitled to your VMware salary for the first fifteen (15) days of sick leave with same sickness code. Whenever possible, you are requested to schedule medical examinations outside of working hours. If you become ill at work and feel too unwell to continue working, you should inform your manager.
Scheduling Sick Leave
- All Sick Leave planned or unplanned, must be discussed with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you must notify your manager on the morning of your absence via phone or by email. If there’s a need for you to stay home for more days due to the illness or injury, contact your manager directly so they can make arrangements related to your work.
- You are required to give your manager a doctor’s certificate within 48 hours of your absence. Your manager will then inform HR Source[VMware network access required]. A valid doctor’s certificate should contain:
- Logo paper of the institution where the patient has had the examination;
- Name of the patient;
- Date of the examination;
- Time of entrance and exit of the exam and/or the number of days of rest that are prescribed (if necessary);
- CID code (Classificação Internacional de Doenças);
- Name, signature and stamp of the doctor
Should you not comply with the Sick Leave procedures, your absence will be considered unjustified and the absence day will be discounted from your salary.
Record as soon as possible your Sick Time days via Workday [VMware network access required] as ‘Sick Leave (Short Term)’.