Maternity and Adoption Leave
VMware supports employees and their families in one of the most important times in life – the birth or adoption of a child. Maternity leave allows mothers to take time off in accordance with statutory requirements so that you can take the necessary time off work to recover and to bond with your baby.
New mothers are entitled to one hundred and twenty (120) consecutive days of paid leave to care for their new baby. maternity leave coincides with the child’s birth date, unless due to health conditions your physician requests an anticipated leave (to be taken up to twenty-eight (28) days prior to the birth of the child).
In the event of adoption or judicial custody of a child, female employees are entitled to time off based on the child age, as listed below:
- From 0 to 1 year old: 120 days.
- From 1 to 4 years old: 60 days
- From 4 to 8 years old: 30 days
Salary Payment and Benefits
- You will be entitled to a maternity leave allowance, which will be paid directly by VMware, in the amount corresponding to your base salary, plus period average, while you are on maternity leave.
- You will remain eligible for benefits (except Meal and Transportation vouchers) and will continue to have the full grant of Vacation Time and your stock will continue to vest.
- For Daycare benefit, please forward the birth certificate of your child to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the monthly payment. If you also want to include the child in your Income Tax (“Imposto de Renda”), please request to Payroll team in the same email to consider it.
- Your child is automatically covered under the monther`s health insurance number in the first 30 days after is born. However, as soon as you have the birth certificate, you must forward it by email to your local Mercer Marsh representant in order to register the child in her/him own Omint`s number. Registrations done after the 30 days of child`s birthday may have a lack.
Scheduling Maternity or Adoption Leave
- Inform your manager and HR Source[VMware network access required] of your pregnancy and your maternity leave plans as soon as reasonably possible. This will allow adequate time for the proper arrangements to be made prior to your leave period.
- You will need to provide an original medical certificate or birth certificate, attesting to your maternity leave, to HR Source[VMware network access required] to guarantee your corresponding payments during your leave.
Returning to Work
While on maternity leave you should maintain open communication with your manager and HR Source [VMware network access required]. VMware will assume that you wish to return to work at the end of your maternity leave however; you should contact HR Source [VMware network access required] towards the end of your scheduled maternity leave to confirm and arrange your return to work.
For additional support and resources to consider with the addition of a child to your family, see the Birth or Adoption page.
ASK HR [VMware network access required]
Internal Phone: ext. 29200