Maternity and Adoption Leave
VMware supports employees and their families in one of the most important times in life – the birth or adoption of a child. Maternity leave allows mothers to take time off in accordance with statutory requirements so you can take the necessary time off work to recover and bond with your baby.
New mothers are entitled to one hundred and eighty (180) consecutive days of paid leave to care for their new baby. Maternity leave coincides with the child’s birth date unless due to health conditions your physician requests an anticipated leave (to be taken up to twenty-eight (28) days prior to the birth of the child).
In the event of adoption or judicial custody of a child, employees are entitled to time off based on the child’s age, as listed below:
- From 0 to 1 year old: 180 days.
- From 1 to 4 years old: 60 days
- From 4 to 8 years old: 30 days
Salary Payment and Benefits
- You will be entitled to a maternity leave allowance, which will be paid directly by VMware, in the amount corresponding to your base salary, plus period average, while you are on maternity leave.
- You will remain eligible for benefits (except Meal and Transportation vouchers) and will continue to have the full grant of Vacation Time and your stock will continue to vest.
- For Daycare benefit, please open an HR Source ticket [VMware network access required] to request the monthly payment and include a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
If you also want to include the child in your Income Tax (“Imposto de Renda”), please request this in the same ticket.
- Your child is automatically covered under the mother`s health insurance number in the first 30 days after is born. However, as soon as you have the birth certificate, you must forward it by email to your local Mercer Marsh representative in order to register the child in her/him own Omint`s number. Registrations done after the 30 days of the child`s birthday may have a lack.
Scheduling Maternity or Adoption Leave
- Inform your manager and HR Source [VMware network access required] of your pregnancy and your maternity leave plans as soon as reasonably possible. This will allow adequate time for the proper arrangements to be made prior to your leave period.
- Open an HR Source ticket [VMware network access required] to report your Maternity Leave. Include your leave’s start and end date along with the corresponding medical certificate to guarantee your payments during your leave.
Returning to Work
Once you return to work, open an HR Source ticket [VMware network access required] confirming your leave end date and return to work date.
For additional support and resources to consider with the addition of a child to your family, see the Birth or Adoption page.
Time Away from Work
VMware is dedicated to the work-life balance of our employees. Visit our Time Away from Work page for more information on taking time off, to take care of personal matters.
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 11 Mar 2022, 9:24 PM