Enroll or Change Benefits
You may enroll or change your benefits with VMware, based on the following:
- Open Enrollment
- New hire, newly eligible or rehire
- Qualified life event
Open Enrollment occurs every January with elections taking effect February 1st of the current year.
New hires, newly eligible employees, rehires, and employees experiencing a qualified life event have 30 days from their hire date or event to enroll or make changes.
If you are a regular full-time or part-time employee , you are eligible to enroll in VMware benefit plans. Eligibility begins as of your hire date or the date your status changes. VMware offers benefit coverage for you and your legal dependents. Eligible dependents include:
- Your legal spouse or qualified domestic partner
- Your dependent child(ren) up to age 24 (If student)
- Your dependent stepchild(ren) up to age 24 (If student)
- The eligible child(ren) of your duly qualified domestic partner up to age 24 (If student)
- Disabled child(ren) may be eligible past age 24. Contact the HR Source [VMware network access required] for more information.
- Legal guardianship of minor(s)
- Your foster child(ren)
Changing Coverage Mid-Year
A qualified life event allows you to make changes to your medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account(s) and/or life insurance. A qualified life event may include:
- Marriage or newly eligible domestic partner
- Divorce, legal separation or dissolution of domestic partnership
- Birth or adoption of a child(ren)
- Death of your spouse/domestic partner, child(ren) or child(ren) of your domestic partner
- A dependent becoming eligible or ineligible for coverage
If you experience a qualified life event, you have 30 days from the date of the event to report it.
Enroll or update your benefits online via MyLife [VMware network access required].
FEEDBACK: Was this information useful?
Last Updated: 27 Sep 2021, 10:22 AM