VMware provides voluntary Life and Disability Insurance to all regular employees of VMware (excluding interns and Fixed Term Contractors).
- In the event of your death due to an accident or illness, your beneficiaries will receive 2 times your annual gross salary, payable as a lump sum.
- In the event of Total Permanent Disability due to an accident, you will receive a percentage of the sum assured equal to the percentage of disability, as set by the Territorial Expert Medical Commission /TELK (% of 2 times your annual gross salary ).
- Temporary disability due to an illness:
- exceeding 40 days – you will be paid 1600 BGN (the sum insured for temporary disability due to an illness will be payable to you no more than once during the insurance term)
- Temporary disability due to an accident:
Temporary Disability Due to an Accident
|Disabled for:||You will be Paid:|
|21 to 30 days||600 BGN|
|31 to 40 days||1000 BGN|
|More than 40 days||1600 BGN|
This is a voluntary benefit. In order to enroll, please go to MyLife  [VMware network access required]. You should enroll within 30 days of your hire date.
Enrolments into the insurance policy will be completed once per month and coverage will become effective on the 23rd of the respective month.
VMware covers 100% of the premium costs for Life insurance.
As a default, your beneficiaries are assigned by law. However, if you wish you assign someone else as your beneficiary, you will need to notify HR Source  [VMware network access required].
When Coverage Ends
Coverage will end on the 22nd of the month of termination of employment with VMware.