VMware provides Circumstantial Leave in accordance with statutory requirements.
All regular employees are eligible for paid Circumstantial Leave as of your first day of service at VMware.
|Circumstantial Leave Type||Leave Amount|
|Marriage Leave for Yourself||3 days|
|Marriage of a Close Family Member||1 day|
|Child Coming of Age Ceremony||1 day|
|Ordination of Close Family Member||1 day|
|Court Trial||Leave is for as long as required but paid leave is capped at 5 days|
|Civic Duty (polling or counting stations for elections)||Leave is for as long as required but paid leave is capped at 5 days|
The leave must be taken on or immediately before/after (where they fall on a weekend) the ceremony/event itself.
Definition of close family member is a spouse, children, grandchildren, parents, siblings, step-parents, step-children, any in-laws.
Scheduling Circumstantial Leave
- Discuss your Circumstantial Leave plans in advance with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager as soon as possible. While business requirements must be taken into consideration, your manager will work with you to ensure your work load does not restrict you from taking Circumstantial Leave.
- Once agreed with your manager, enter your Circumstantial Leave time off in Workday [VMware network access required] under the following time off types:
- Marriage Leave for Yourself = Marriage Time Off (Days)
- Marriage of a Close Family Member = Marriage Time Off (Days)
- Child Coming of Age Ceremony = Family Care Time Off (Days)
- Ordination of Close Family Member = Family Care Time Off (Days)
- Court Trial = Civic/Jury/Court Time Off (Days)
- Civic Duty (polling or counting stations for elections) = Civic/Jury/Court Time Off (Days)