At VMware we encourage a healthy work environment. You are entitled to take Sick Leave in accordance with statutory requirements with the understanding that sick days are solely for recuperating from an illness or injury impacting you or a dependent.
You are entitled to six (6) weeks full compensation (eight (8) weeks in the event of a work accident or an industrial disease) and four (4) weeks at one half of your salary.
- After five (5) years of service you are entitled to eight (8) weeks of full compensation.
- After fifteen (15) years of service you are entitled to ten (10) weeks of full compensation.
- After twenty-five (25) years of service you are entitled to twelve (12) weeks of full compensation.
Special provisions apply if you fall sick within a certain period of time after coming back to work following a period of illness. If you fail to present a doctor’s certificate upon request by the employer you may lose the claim for sick pay for the duration of the delay.
Scheduling Sick Leave
- All Sick Leaves planned or unplanned, must be discussed with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager or HR Source [VMware network access required] as soon as reasonably possible.
- Upon your return to work, enter your Sick Leave time off in Workday [VMware network access required].