At VMware we encourage a healthy work environment. You are entitled to take Sick Leave in accordance with statutory requirements with the understanding that sick days are solely for the purpose of recuperating from an illness or injury.
All regular employees are entitled to paid sick leave, following successful completion of their probationary period.
Eligible employees will be entitled to ninety (90) days of paid sick leave (which may be taken consecutively or non-consecutively), per calendar year, paid at 100% of base salary, upon production of the appropriate medical reports.
For sick leave in excess of 5 days, a medical certificate will be required. All such certificates must be provided by a UAE approved and licensed practitioner and sent promptly to your Manager or to HR Source [VMware network access required].
If a medical report is not submitted within one (1) month from the first day of absence, the excess days will be treated as annual leave or unpaid leave, whichever entitlement is due.
Scheduling Sick Leave
- All Sick Leave planned or unplanned, must be discussed with your manager. If an absence is unexpected, you should notify your manager or HR Source [VMware network access required] as soon as reasonably possible and provide the following details:
- the nature of your illness;
- the expected length of absence from work;
- contact details; and
- any outstanding or urgent work that requires attention.
- Upon your return to work, enter your Sick Leave time off in Workday [VMware network access required].
Last Updated: 9 Nov 2021, 8:34 AM