A number of Benefits have been updated for 2020, including:
Kaiser N. CA $0 Deductible Medical Plan 
Health Savings Account (HSA) Contribution Limits 
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Contribution Limits 
Enhancements to Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment,
and Supplemental Life Insurance
New additions to the ARAG Legal Plan 
If you enroll in a VMware Medical Plan, you and your family will have access to services offered through Grand Rounds , which provides expert medical opinions at no cost to those who face complex clinical situations and want to request a second opinion.
Answers to the 2020 Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Side-by-side comparison of UHC HSA PPO and Traditional PPO Plans.
Per paycheck contributions by plan and coverage level.
For domestic partner or domestic partner child(ren) see the Domestic Partner Imputed Income Rate table. 
Access Members Services contact information for all of our providers.
Traditional PPO Medical Plan
- Office Visit (OV) Copays increase to $30/$45 from $20/$30.
- Out-of-Pocket Maximum: In-network Individual/Family increases to $3,000/$9,000 from $2,350/$7,050.
- Out-of-Pocket Maximum: Non-network Individual/Family increases to $6,900/$20,700 from $6,250/$18,750.
For more details, see the UHC PPO Traditional Benefit Summary .
Kaiser N. CA $0 Deductible Medical Plan
- The Kaiser Northern California plan has been modified and is now a $0 deductible plan, which means you no longer have to satisfy a deductible of any kind.
- Out-of-Pocket Maximum: Individual/Family (two or more) $2,000/$4,000.
- Office Visit (OV) Copay for both Primary Care Physician and Specialist is changing to $20 per visit.
- Copays for many other services have also changed.
Health Savings Account (HSA) Contribution Limits
If you are a current participant in the Health Savings Account (HSA), or plan on electing it for 2020:
- If you have a Health Savings Account (HSA), you must select your annual election during Open Enrollment or it will default to $0.
- You can change your HSA contribution at any time during the year. Remember contributions are pre-tax and these funds can be used towards medical expenses even if you leave the company.
2020 HSA Contribution Limits*
|Type of Coverage||2020 Annual IRS Contribution Limit||VMware Annual Contribution||Employee Annual Contribution Limit|
|Age 55+ or Turning 55 during the calendar year||
Account holders who are or turn age 55 or older by December 31, 2020 are eligible to make an annual catch-up contribution of up to $1,000 above the IRS limits. Those who intend to enroll in Medicare mid-year should pro-rate contributions each month.
*Note: The annual contribution limits indicated above include VMware’s HSA contribution in order to avoid exceeding the 2020 IRS HSA limits.
If you are Enrolled in the HSA PPO and are NOT eligible for an HSA Account:
- You will automatically be moved to the equivalent UHC HSA PPO Non-Eligible plan at the same coverage level.
- You will continue to be eligible for the taxable bonus from VMware.
2020 FSA Contribution Limits
If you are a current participant in the Flexible Savings Account(s) (FSA), or plan on electing it for 2020:
Flexible Spending Account elections MUST be updated each year. You must select your annual election during Open Enrollment or it will default to waive.
2020 FSA Contribution Limits
|Type of Coverage||Employee Annual Contribution Limit|
|General Purpose Flexible Savings Account (GPFSA)||$2,700|
|Limited Purpose Flexible Savings Account (LPFSA)||$2,700|
|Dependent Care Flexible Savings Account (DCFSA)||$5,000|
Enhancements to Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Supplemental Life Insurance
- VMware will continue to provide Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance at no cost to you.
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance coverage maximums are increasing from $1 million to $2 million..
- All regular full-time employees are automatically covered for two times annual salary, or targeted earnings for commissioned employees. The maximum for both plans has increased from $1 million to $2 million.
Supplemental Life Insurance updates:
- Coverage can be elected for you or your spouse up to the Guarantee Issue Amount without having to complete the Evidence of Insurability process.
- Coverage can now be elected for your spouse or children without electing it for yourself.
New Additions to the ARAG Legal Plan
You asked and we listened! The following legal issues will now be part of your ARAG Legal Plan coverage in 2020:
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Revocable Trusts
Review the full suite of benefits the ARAG Legal Plan  will cover in 2020.
If you enrolled in a VMware medical plan, you and your family will have access to services offered through Grand Rounds . Grand Rounds provides expert medical opinions at no cost for those facing complex clinical situations and want to request a second opinion.
This webpage contains basic information about your 2020 VMware Benefits. If there is any difference between the information displayed on this webpage and the plan documents, the plan documents will govern. This webpage, together with other benefits communications, serve as a summary of material modifications (SMM) to the VMware Benefits Summary Plan Documents (SPDs) for 2020.