Step 1: Research
- Did you or a family member experience one or more health issues last year that may require
change(s) in your benefits selection this year?
- Generally, are there any benefits you would like to add, subtract or change from the ones you selected in 2019?
- Do you need to add or change any dependents to ensure the appropriate coverage for 2020?
- Do you anticipate having any Qualified Life Events  in 2020 (e.g., marriage, divorce, birth, adoption)? Consider how these may impact your benefit needs.
- Review the New & Updated Benefits  to see if any of these impact you or your family members.
- Take a look at the side-by-side comparisons  of the medical plans available for 2020.
- Check out the 2020 Open Enrollment FAQ . It’s a good practice to update your beneficiaries every year.
- Use ALEX  [Network Access required], our interactive decision-support tool that acts as an informative, virtual benefits counselor, to help you learn more about VMware’s comprehensive benefits in a personalized way.
Step 2: Enroll
- Beginning October 28th, access Workday  [VMware network access required] to complete the 2020 Open Enrollment benefit elections.
- View the step-by-step Quick Reference Guide  [VMware network access required] on how to enroll using Workday.
This webpage contains basic information about your 2020 VMware Benefits. If there is any difference between the information displayed on this webpage and the plan documents, the plan documents will govern. This webpage, together with other benefits communications, serve as a summary of material modifications (SMM) to the VMware Benefits Summary Plan Documents (SPDs) for 2020.